Linkwell Telesystems Pvt Ltd is a leading player in Meter Data Acquisition and Management solutions arena. Linkwell offers specially designed wireless (GSM/GPRS/CDMA/RF) modems and Meter Data Acquisition and Management software addressing the requirements of Power Utility & Automation industries. Linkwell is providing AMR solutions to various utilities during the last 6 years under the Brand Name of VISIONTEK
Electrical Power has become indispensable to human survival and progress. Increasing gap between demand and supply made every other nation explore ways and means to enhance Power Generation capabilities from both conventional and non-conventional means.
Apart from efforts to meet growing demand, mounting AT&C losses in distribution is another challenge being faced by utilities world wide. Specifically developing countries owe to lack of proper energy accounting from infrastructural, technological shortfalls and manual interventions in energy billing.
In the wake of technology upgradation and automation in the Energy Distribution, Automated Meter Reading (AMR) or Meter Data Acquisition and Management assumes importance in enabling the utilities to gather business and operational intelligence, through collection of base line data to analysis, monitor and manage operations in AT&C losses reduction
For More information : Please visit of AMR Website at http://www.amr-ami-systems.com
- Flexibility in reading different types and makes of meters both DLMS and Non-DLMS
- 'Push' mode design for transferring data from multiple locations in the given time window using GPRS/CDMA technologies
- In-bound dialing from remote locations standard mode of data transfer. Outbound dialing from server side is optional
- All key energy parameters are captured at designated intervals for energy consumption monitoring, accounting, billing and for generating MIS reports
- Over the Air (OTA) feature for remote loading or upgrading the firmware in the field modems
- Feature rich software and robustly designed architecture and database for large number of remote locations (50,000 and above)
Linkwell solution addresses the Automated Meter Reading (AMR) or Meter Data Acquisition and Management (MDAM) requirements taking into account large variety and complexity of energy meters in the utilities.
There is intense debate over choice of wireless technologies to meter reading methodologies by various stakeholders each advancing their concepts and solutions.
In many instances these leave much to be desired because of following reasons:
- Downplaying the role and criticality of AMR in the overall context of AMI
- Lack of appreciation that each utility or customer has specific customization needs.
- Lack of fully available universal standards for meter reading.
- Many meter manufacturers still follow some degree of proprietary protocols for reading meter data
- Lack of clarity from the executives and staff of utilities in this domain. Their leading to overemphasis on unnecessary or less used data, data transfer schedule, and confusions with meter reading. Multiple layers of interaction at multiple phases of implementation
Linkwell with its experience in working with several utilities in India for the last six years has understood the nuances of this domain well, in addressing the above issues to the satisfaction of the utility.
Our solution offering is for undertaking Turnkey and/or BOLT (Build Operate Lease and Transfer) AMR projects spanning the entire Distribution segment of the Energy Value chain.
The following independent and integrated solutions make part of the overall Linkwell solutions.
Customer Meter Data Acquisition and Management solutions for Energy Billing
LWTS solution design involves robustly designed intelligent modem which are interfaced with the customer (EHT/HT/LT High Value) Energy Meters and transferring data using GPRS/CDMA network to the Central server. Central Station architecture primarily consists of a High-End database server and Application Servers for running the Meter Data Acquisition and Management software. These are connected to receive data on IP network from multiple locations. Entire architecture is scalable to accommodate large deployments. Field AMR units are GPRS Modems with intelligence to perform schedule tasks of meter reading through Optical Port/RS-232/RS-485 and transferring data to central server at designated time intervals. Linkwell offers its field-proven Intelligent Modem Visiontek 81 GI which has specially designed with in-built three phase or single phase Power Supply and driven by a powerful microcontroller and adequate battery backup.
Network Meter Data Acquisition and Management for Energy Accounting and Audit
Linkwell Telesystems with its innovative technology has devised and successfully implemented the solution using RF and GPRS technology on sub-station feeder metering involving Data concentrator units and Meter interface units. MIUs collect the data at periodic intervals and transfers over RF to DCU which transfers the same to central server through GPRS. Intelligent modem offered at each of the DTR meter will transfer the data at predefined intervals over GPRS to central server.
- Accurate monitoring and recording of feeder interruptions through direct interface with auxiliary contacts using I/O port in the Meter Interface Unit.
- Wireless transfer of data between feeder meter units and Data Concentrator enables clean and trouble free installations and avoids problems due to surges in wired (CAT 5 cable) installations.
- Independent and integrated solutions for Consumer Meter Data management and Network Meter Data management.
- Independent Energy Audit solution.
- Service Objects for external system integration
Solution Architecture - Using GPRS Technology